The Mazda 2 is a subcompact small car that has remained Japan’s favourite since its introduction. It is also known as the Mazda Demio. The Mazda 2, which is currently in its fourth generation, had an exterior redesign in 2019. Although several technical aspects as well as the outside design have been upgraded, it now looks to be newer. The hatchback’s headlamps, front grille, front and rear bumpers, and rear bumper have all been modified to give it a more upscale appearance.
For the cabin, new colour schemes and leather filling are offered to enhance the visual and tactile quality. The Mazda 2 competes in the same class as other compact cars like the Suzuki Swift and VW Polo.
Engine, power and transmission
There are two different engine options for the Mazda 2 / Demio. Both engines are 1.5 litres, 3-cylinder gasoline engines with natural aspiration. Depending on the model trim levels, one of the 1.5 engines generates 75 horsepower while the other produces. Only the front wheels are driven by the 1.5 engine, which is coupled to either a five-speed manual or a torque converter automatic gearbox system.
Mazda 2 interior features
Inside, The Mazda Demio comes with a lot of standard features and modern technology these features include:
- Manual slide, recline, and height adjustment for the front passenger seat
- Two cup-holders in the front centre storage
- The vanity mirrors of the drivers and front passengers were covered, as was the driver’s ticket holder.
- Pockets in the front passenger seat-back
- Integrated spotlight courtesy light for the interior
- Dials in satin silver
- Manual slide recline and height adjustment for the driver’s seat
- Driver, front passenger, and two coat hooks on the back grab handles
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage points are affixed to the exterior rear seats of the luggage compartment.
- Pockets in the driver’s and front passenger’s doors
- Indicator of gear shift
- Rear chairs that fold
- Rear seats split 60/40
- Adjustable steering wheel (tilt/telescopic)
- The steering wheel and gearshift knob are made of leather.
- Head restraints in the front
- Handbrake made of leather
- There are three height-adjustable head restraints in the back.
- Air conditioning climate control
Mazda 2 Fuel Consumption
The Demio has an estimated fuel consumption starting from 4.9L/100km.
How much does Mazda 2 cost?
For the 2023 model year, the Mazda 2 is priced between $21,510 and $26,610 for the Hatchback and Sedan body styles.