The Mazda 2 is also known as the Mazda Demio. a subcompact small car that has remained to be japan’s favourite since its debut. Now in its fourth generation, the Mazda 2 received an exterior makeover back in 2019. It now appears to be newer; however, not only the exterior design but also some technical features, have been updated. The hatchback’s front and rear bumpers, front grille, and headlights have all been updated to give it a more premium appearance.
To improve the visual and tactile quality, new colour schemes and leather filling are available for the cabin.
The Mazda 2 plays the same league with other small cars such as the Volkswagen polo and Suzuki swift. Here is everything you need to know from the engine, power, specifications, features and price.
Engine, power and transmission
The Mazda 2 / Demio is powered by a choice of 2 engines. Both are 1.5 litres naturally aspirated 3 cylinder petrol engines. One of the 1.5 engines produces 75 hp while the other one delivers depending on the model trim levels. The 1.5 engine is mated with either a five-speed manual or a torque converter automatic transmission system and drives the front wheels only.
Mazda 2 interior features
Inside, The Mazda Demio comes with a lot of standard features and modern technology these features include:
- Manual slide, recline, and height adjustment for the front passenger seat
- Two cup-holders in the front center storage
- The vanity mirrors of the drivers and front passengers were covered, as was the driver’s ticket holder.
- Pockets in the front passenger seat-back
- Integrated spotlight courtesy light for the interior
- Dials in satin silver
- Manual slide recline and height adjustment for the driver’s seat
- Driver, front passenger, and two coat-hooks on the back grab handles
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage points are affixed to the exterior rear seats of the luggage compartment.
- Pockets in the driver’s and front passenger’s doors
- Indicator of gear shift
- Rear chairs that fold
- Rear seats split 60/40
- Adjustable steering wheel (tilt/telescopic)
- Steering wheel and gearshift knob are made of leather.
- Head restraints in the front
- Handbrake made of leather
- There are three height-adjustable head restraints in the back.
- Air conditioning climate control
Mazda 2 Fuel Consumption
The Demio has an estimated fuel consumption starting from 4.9L/100km.
How much does Mazda 2 cost?
In 2021, the price of the Mazda Demio starts from $20,990 to $27,490